Hakikat Keharaman Riba Dalam Islam
There is a negative assumption that arises in community with regard to economic transactions. For example, the statement "interest" and "profit-sharing" is similar, it justifies something that has become a previous habit. Whereas after having studied and researched, the economic transactions is belongings to the category of riba (usury) and society is still reluctant to get used to something right, which has not yet become a tradition. So, it is impressed that Islam does not take care of worship that do not directly relate to Allah, as obligatory (mahdoh) worship in the pillars of Islam. The question arising then is why the statement emerged from the realm of Muslims who are still reluctant to attempt to transact transactions that should be appraised with shariah paradigm? How is the danger of riba, in the world and the Hereafter? Author wants to convey thoughtfulness and perception related to economic thought developing at this time. They merely legitimize the phenomenon of conventional economics by attaching ayat and hadits although there are also alternative thoughts of genuine Islamic Economics, so easy to get caught up in usurious practice. Therefore, author is inspired to invite readers to dare to unburden, examine, and study riba (usury) and the reason of prohibition in Islam. The existence of incompatibility of Islamic economic theory with the application of contemporary economics does not mean that Islamic economics is not applicable, but it motivates us to implant Islamic economics proportionally and objectively in life. In order to analyze the problems, in this article, author uses a combination of mindset based on reality with faith, then author draws conclusion on the nature of reality of transaction, byÂ comparing reality with argument and opinion relating to" Does interest applied nowadays include riba and how is the danger of consuming usurious results?"
ÂKeyword: Riba, Interest, The danger of riba
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- The author grants the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
- The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License